Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Yes To Carrots Lip Butter Review

image
*DISCLAIMER* The first time I tried Yes to Carrots Lip Butter, I was in my senior year in high school (about 3ish years ago) and these are what mine look like. The current yes to carrots lip balms look like this now:
image
So I was really intrigued when I first found this line of lip balms…I thought carrots were the last thing I would think to use in lip balms, but hey, this seemed to work out so I gave in and bought some. This review covers CARROT (ORANGE Cap), CITRUS (YELLOW Cap), and MELON (Yellow/Orange Cap)
1. Price: $$
I got three sticks for about $3 each from CVS. You can buy this brand at almost any drug store, Wal-Mart, Safeway, Target etc. 
2. Appearance:White tube with a colored cap. The new ones look like colored tubes. The tube itself is a standard 0.15 oz and the balms range in color from white to off white/yellow. 
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
These glide very well, and feel really soft. It’s not chalky or waxy at all either, but I have to say sometimes (not always) it got a little oily. Now, most organic lip balms like these are using natural oils like olive, and have vitamin E and what not, but the second a lip balm becomes oily is the second I start wiping it off my lips. This wasn’t a major thing, but it did happen sometimes.
SMELL - All three smelled great if you ask me:
"Carrot" - Now I’m not going to say ‘oh it smelled like a carrot!’ but it, uh, it smelled like something. It was a nice something, but I wasn’t sure. I don’t know if I’d call it a carrot necessarily. 
"Citrus" - This one was very lemony. I Would just call it lemon flavor because that’s all I could really smell. What i didn’t like after a while was that this smell tended to go bad…it started smelling weird so i had to reapply it or wipe it off.
"Melon" - This was my favorite one. It smelled like cantaloupe and honeydew smashed together. It was a very light and sweet smell.
TASTE - No taste.
SHINE - Now I’m the hardest person to please when it comes to sheen, but this had a slight sheen. I don’t know if that line is necessarily targeted tomen since their website has a lot of women on it…slight slight sheen, but still a sheen nonetheless.
LASTING TIME - I felt like this one lasted a little shorter than most lip balms (maybe like 2-3 hours max), maybe it’s because I felt like I was constantly reapplying lip balm…but it may have been because it was really cold and my lips were absorbing the balm like a thirsty sponge.
4. Manliness: 4/5It’s kinda shiny? But it’s doable. I asked my friends if my lips looked too glossy and of course they said it was fine (but friends have to be nice right?). The tube is pretty normal looking too and the balm has no tint.
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆  4/5 stars. I like the balm a lot because it’s pretty gimmicky. Made of Carrots? Yeah, there’s some carrot in it, but it’s mostly cocoa/jojoba butter and olive oil. Besides that though, it’s pretty manly if you don’t mind the very slight sheen.

Also a word of warning, because this balm is organic it will go bad after a couple of years (if you keep them around that long like I tend to do). The balm will work just fine, but the smell might be off or gone. It should still be okay to use.
Check out their website for all the flavors and other really great products. I wanna try the lotions, but they have almond oil…and I’m allergic to nuts :( 

1 comment: