Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E Swivel Stick Review for Guys

image
So I’m completely aware that this stuff is basically lotion in a glue stick-shaped container, but my friend Alicia swore by it for her lips so I bought one a few years back to try it out. I never ended up finishing it and my sister took it from me for herself. She gave it to me when I asked her for it and she still hadn’t finished it up. It’s been like almost 3 years…
1. Price: $$
This was $3 at wegmans and like $2.90 something at CVS and Walmart, so this is pretty cheap and reasonable for the amount of substance you’re buying.
2. Appearance:Just imagine a big glue-stick the length of your hand and the circular size of a quarter and you have the size of this thing. It’s a white plastic twist tube with a whopping 0.5oz of balm/lotion in it. Keep in mind most standard lip balms have 0.15oz. The balm itself is a beige/yellow shade.
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
I tried this stuff again from the stick I gave to my sister and I liked it for the most part. It was smooth but felt kind of thick. Granted, I understand this stuff is mostly a stick of lotion for the body in general, so lips don’t need this much balm so a thin coat should last you a very long time. It wasn’t oily, but felt kind of softer than most balms I’ve tried..
SMELL - MILK CHOCOLATE. That’s cocoa butter for ya.
TASTE - No taste. At least I wasn’t trying to taste it…
SHINE - Not really a shine, but there was a very very subtle white residue left on my mouth and I could feel it. It wasn’t chunky, but close up enough and someone might be able to tell it’s on there.
LASTING TIME - 3-5 hours. I wore this one for like 2 days to try and see how long I could get, but I wasn’t very consistent with keeping track of time. Anywhere from 3-5 is pretty good though.
4. Manliness: 2/5Not very shiny, but this is another glue-stick sized lip balm. C’mon, no guy is going to put this thing on in front of other people. They’d look ridiculous.
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆  3/5 stars. Not bad, but it’s not exactly lip balm. More like a portable lotion applicator for on the go jobs. The balm itself does what it says and makes your lips—err, skin, nice and soft wherever it’s used. It also smells like food so that’s probably why I didn’t like it as much.

1 comment: