Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Kiehl's Lip Balm: Facial Fuel Lip Balm Review

image
Now when I first saw this product I was more than over the moon to try it out. It was made for guys. UH PERFECT FOR ME THEN.
1. Price: $$$<- a little excessive?
This was $9…at their store. I had to go all the way to Georgetown to get to the nearest one just to buy LIP BALM?! My family thought I was crazy. I did however feel fancy walking out of there with a little brown paper bag though. It can only be bought in their stores and through department stores like Lord and Taylor/Saks Fifth/Nordstrom/Bloomingdales etc.
2. Appearance:Standard 0.15oz tube. The tube itself is a nice cobalt blue and it has a silver cap. The balm is white. This is DEFINITELY one of the manliest lip balms I’ve ever seen. Meets all the requirements if you ask me! 
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
Can someone say butter? (Did anyone just see Paula Deen?) This glide is so smooth and so perfect. It’s like a dream…I don’t think I’ve ever felt a lip balm more luxurious than this one. It’s not too thin, and just thick enough.
SMELL - It has a smell…but I can’t exactly say what it is. It’s not bad, it’s actually really nice. Minty? (I’m not a fan of mint, but it smells great I’ll tell you that)
TASTE - No taste.
SHINE - NO SHINE. Hold UP. I think I could marry this stuff. The biggest thing I look for in a lip balm is NO SHINE because what guy wants to walk around with glossy lips? Well this is a match made in heaven for me. No shine even with a thick coat on my mouth.
LASTING TIME - Ready for this? 6 hours. I timed it for 6 hours. WHAT THE HECK? That’s amazing. And I only had to reapply once after the 6 hours and it lasted the rest of the day. I wish I could reapply it more so I could use it a lot, but i really didn’t have to.
4. Manliness: 5/5Need I say more? Blue tube, small size/inconspicuous, no shine. Perfect 5.
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆  4.5/5 stars. Alas, I have to detract some points for the price. Who pays $9.00 for LIP BALM? Not ordinary people of course, but then again, I doubt that’s the clientele of Kiehl’s. I have to applaud this near perfect product though. Kudos and I will always be buying from here. I think I’ve found my new lip balm standard.
Check out their website for all the flavors and other really great products.

No comments:

Post a Comment