Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Nivea Lip Care Lip Balm Review

image
This review is for the “Nivea, A Kiss of Moisture" and the “Nivea, A Kiss of Protection" Lip balms that I’ve owned. I can’t say too much for the rest of the Nivea Lip Balm, but I’m assuming the main difference is just the scent. Hopefully all the ingredients are similar. To the follower that asked for this one, I say, take my review with a grain of salt. I can’t be too certain about the entire line!
When I got the Kiss of protection lip balm, i actually took it from my Mom because she didn’t want the SPF that came with it…so I didn’t have to pay for that one! Yay! But because of getting the Kiss of Protection lip balm, I decided to buy the “A Kiss of Moisture Lip Balm" too a few weeks after and had a generally similar experience with both.
1. Price: $$
Both were $2.99 at Target and CVS. Not bad, but I had some reservations about the lip balms. I only paid for one of them, but still, shelling out $3 on a lip balm can add up, so i expected great things from this not-so-cheap stuff.
2. Appearance:The tube is actually thicker than a standard tube size, and therefor more product, it is listed on the packaging at being 0.17 oz (not bad, eh). ALSO the cap is kinda different.
image
this photo is from Luuux.com (i realize I would’ve used a pic of my own, but I didn’t bring these balms to UVA with me).
The cap is almost the entire length of the tube! I was like…huh? Why is that even necessary? And, it gives the lip balm, a more…feminine feel. No offense to the ladies or anything, but us guys don’t want to be walking around feeling like we’re applying lipstick. It’s lip balm!
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
Both were very smooth, but thick. I felt that the kiss of protection one was thicker because it has SPF (Which means there’s sun-blocking ingredients that will weigh it down). Overall, the glide was nice and smooth, but…it felt very heavy after a while.
SMELL - The scent on both were similar, kinda like lotion, but in an expected way. I liked the Kiss of Moisture one better. The Protection one smelled more fake to me.
SHINE - Kiss of Protection doesn’t have much shine. It’s not supposed to because of the SPF, but Kiss of Moisture does. It’s not super bright, but it’s not terribly noticeable. I just want to make it known that IT DOES SHINE a little bit.
LASTING TIME - The lasting time is maybe 2.5 hours. I found that my lips were a little flakey after 3 hours (I’d peel my lips, bad, I know) then I’d reapply it. If you don’t mind putting it on every few hours, you should be okay.
4. Manliness: 2/5It shines. It’s got shine. I know. Yeah, I didn’t like that too much, but it works as a moisturizer if you really need it.
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 3/5 stars. Okay so these two weren’t quite my favorites because of the quirks with the tube and the shine, and the fact that i felt like I was actually reapplying them kinda often. They moisturize when needed and aren’t a bad choice if you’re not in the market for those “organic" or special lip balms. I wouldn’t feel torn to choose this over a regular Burt’s Bees or other $3 lip balm though, I wasn’t too much of a huge fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment