Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lypsyl Intense Protection LypMoisturizer Review

image
Somebody asked me for this review the other day and I got kind of excited. I discovered this lip balm brand at the beginning of my lip balm buying spree in high school and I was reeeally hooked after I first tried it.
1. Price: $$
This was $3 at CVS and is a few cents cheaper at Wal-Mart. I’ve bought it several times for myself and for my brother around this price. Not bad considering how big the tube is. It can be found at most drug stores and discounters (target, walmart etc.)
2. Appearance:This one’s really cool! I liked the size of it and the design. If you look closely, the tube is ovular and beige colored with a forrest green cap for 0.10 oz of stuff. There is no twist at the bottom to push the balm up, instead it’s got this bee-shaped piece on the side and you push it up like say a push pop (get my reference? No?). The color of the balm itself is a light yellow. 
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
The glide of this one is fantastic. It’s so smooth and really clean. It’s not heavy feeling at all and all you need to do is put on a swipe or two and your good for several hours. ALSO there is a very slight tingle that is like menthol from peppermint balms like burt’s bees original or medicated chapstick.
SMELL - It has a minty/pepperminty smell to it. Normally I’m opposed to mint anything (unless it’s peppermint) but this stuff smelled really nice. Not girly (if you’re a guy).
TASTE - No taste.
SHINE - Drumroll please…this one had no shine! NO SHINE?! Well, in direct light looking really closely, it had a slight slight sheen, but besides that NO SHINE! I was so pleased. It does not even come close to looking like lip gloss. It’s literally a balm.
LASTING TIME - Wow, I’d say maybe 4-5 hours if you don’t touch the stuff. The tingly feeling wears off after the first few hours, but it’s something you will forget about after wearing it for a while. It’s perfect to me.
4. Manliness: 4/5So it gets a ton of points for not being shiny, but other than that I detract points for the tube’s size and shape. Most guys are not going to want to apply a gigantic tube onto their face…and it becomes kind of clear that you have a balm in your hand when you’re applying it.
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆  4.5/5 stars. So this one is amazing. I actually love this stuff. It’s so good. Feels good, smells good, lasts long and even is affordable for those that don’t want to spend on the designer brands. I highly recommend it to everyone, guys and girls. This is one of the best brands I have ever tried. If it came in a smaller more conservatively sized tube, I’d give it a perfect score.
Check out their website for all the flavors and other really great products.

Lypsyl lypmoisturizer

No comments:

Post a Comment