Tuesday, July 23, 2013

EOS Lip Balm Sweet Mint Review

image
3 years later…and I finally bought one of these after everyone asked for it…but yeah, you can understand why I wouldn’t want one of these, right? It’s kinda girly! The only people walking around with one of these are girls at my school and honestly, what kind of guy wants to be putting an egg to his face to apply lip balm? Well…I was so wrong. This stuff is actually so good.
1. Price: $
This was $2.90 at Wal-Mart. I found it for above $3.00 elsewhere, but it’s usually around this price range.
2. Appearance:ONE OF THE WEIRDEST LIP BALMS I’VE EVER SEEN. Round, egg sized thing where the lip balm is in a circular shape so you can apply it to both the top and bottom lip at the same time. There is 0.25 oz of balm (WHOA NOW, SO MUCH) and the ‘tube’ itself is a sea foam color.
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
This one feels a little firm and waxy at first, but after you run it over your mouth a few times it gets really smooth. It’s not oily or thick, just firm…I really liked it. There’s also a tingle from the menthol in this that lasts about 15 mins.
SMELL - I was really afraid ‘sweet mint’ would smell like other mints, but this one is definitely PEPPERMINT. Imagine Burt’s Bees, but not as strong. I give this one a thumbs up for smell.
TASTE - No taste.
SHINE - Are you ready? NO SHINE. LIKE ABSOLUTELY NO SHINE. WHAT?! Not even up close in the mirror could I find shine. This one is literally BALM. Not glossy crap.
LASTING TIME - Hmm, I got it last night and wore it from about 11PM-3AM without much thought so that’s like 4 hours right there. To be honest, I think it can last longer. I’d say 4-5 hours.
4. Manliness: 2/5This is the only draw back. No matter what anyone says about the social acceptability of this balm, it is an egg, it is pastel in color and is not inconspicuous in the least bit. It’s not that I fear being judged for applying beauty products in public, but let’s face it, most guys would rather not do that…unless it were from a regular tube.

HOWEVER: GQ Magazine has done it’s review HERE, a few manly celebs like Kellan Lutz and Ed Westwick have been seen around with this exact one too. So maybe I’ll change my manliness rating…to 3.5/5
image
image
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆  4/5 stars. Ok yeah this one is kinda amazing. I don’t even care that it’s kind of girly looking. Look at those manly men up there! The balm itself is reason enough to use this thing on a daily basis. I will proudly tell people to try it since it’s such a good lip balm! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

No comments:

Post a Comment