Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Blistex Moisture Melt

image

I was asked to do this one…so here it is for you dear follower!
1. Price: $
This one was $2.00. But i’ve seen it for $2.59 also so be weary.
2. Appearance:I wasn’t a fan of the design of the tube itself. The crimped end isn’t my favorite kind to use, but I don’t mind it. What really got me was the bullet end! It wasn’t shaped like a bullet at all! It was like a ball with a hole in the middle of it where the balm and ‘moisture’ beads come out of. I was like…"nooo this won’t work!" So design wise, I didn’t like it. It’s also a clear tube so it looks like the lip balm is a hand moisturizer. It’s 0.35 oz. That’s a lot. Like…a lot. So that’s pretty good since regular lip balms only have 0.15 oz. Yes!
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
Goopy. Can I use that word? It’s kind of goopy. Imagine really soft or warmed lip balm, that consistency. It’s a decent consistency, don’t get me wrong, but I thought it would be thicker. And the moisture beads felt like sand at first but all you have to do is work them in with your lips (rub them together a few times till the beads get squished).
SMELL - The smell is something fruity. I thought it would be a mint or something but it’s fruity. I liked it, so it wasn’t bad. I want to say it had a lemony smell, but I’m not terribly sure.
TASTE - No taste
SHINE - There is a slight sheen on the lips with this one. The moisture beads don’t leave any residue behind which is great since I thought my lips would turn blue or something! No, but there is a very slight sheen. If you don’t want that then go for a specifically-male balm, otherwise, if you don’t mind rubbing your lips together a few more times than necessary, go ahead and get this one.
LASTING TIME - The lasting time for this lip balm is…maybe 4 hours? It felt like it lasted very long… I wanted to reapply it but i didn’t really have to after a couple hours. It stayed on. It didn’t sit…but it wasn’t completely absorbed. It stayed on for a while. I appreciate that. I do. 
4. Manliness: 3/5It’s just a tiny bit shiny, but you can’t even see that from a distance. The thing that took the 4th star off of it is the style of applicator (beads? Really?), the style of tube, and the name of it instead. How unmanly is “Moisture Melt"? Wow. But again, if you could care less, then those are just quirks i found.
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 4 /5 stars. Well gosh, Blistex. Good job. You guys made one that i pretty much approved of. It works as it’s supposed to and it even has sunblocking properties! So you can wear this in the winter and summer! Great for outings to the beach and it smells…lemony (I think it’s lemon?)…so lemons are summery, right? It’s very long-lasting and super affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment