Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Burt's Bees Original Beeswax Lip Balm Review


Okay so this is like…my standard lip balm. It was the first “fancy" lip balm that I ever had and I was really skeptical at first. Then i realized it was peppermint and i fell in love with it so this review might be a little biased. I’ve been through maybe 10 tubes of this stuff (and I have a crap ton of other lip balms to choose from too…)
1. Price: $$
At about $3 a tube, this stuff is pretty affordable, just as long as you don’t lose it or misplace it too often and since it’s not $1.00 it gives off the illusion that it’s not cruddy lip balm, so people will think twice about losing it!
2. Appearance:
Basic yellow tube, standard size, the same as a Chapstick tube.
3. Feel:
GLIDE - 
Smooth. It’s not overly oily because it’s made of beeswax, but especially when it’s been in your pocket and it’s a little warm, it slides like butter. It’s a gooood feeling!
SMELL - 
Peppermint. It smells like peppermint, but not like the candy kind. It’s not over powering either. It’s aromatic enough that it’s a nice little hint whenever someone is nearby.
TASTE - 
I don’t really remember if this stuff has a taste. But it’s waxy…so it doesn’t feel nice when it gets on your tongue.
SHINE -Minimally shiny! Perfect for those that don’t want a glossy sheen 
LASTING TIME - 
about 3-4 hours if you don’t mess with it. But, since most people like the feeling of the menthol with the peppermint, they reapply it within the hour to get the tingly feeling on their lips.
4. Manliness: 4.5/5I give this a full on 4.5/5 because it hits all the right notes without being gimmicky or too girly! For me, I think it is perfectly normal to see a guy putting on Burt’s Bees. It’s acceptable. But it makes them bougie-er than the Chapstick using fellow haha.
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 4/5 stars because it is a great lip balm, but in my personal opinion, it doesn’t work as FAST as i want it too (but that’s because I’m impatient). It does however sooth chapped lips, so if that’s what you need with no gimmick or shine, this is the one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment