Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm with Kokum Butter Lip Balm Review



So when I saw this in the store, I immediately thought…"holy crap, that’s the king of all Burt’s Bees Lip Balms. It’s gotta be. It’s got a silver cap!" And i bought it up right afterwards! I really had no idea what Kokum butter was.
1. Price: $$
This one was $4.00 and that’s crazy since normal Burt’s Bees costs like $3. I was expecting so much out of this balm when i bought it. You can find this one at most major grocers and drug stores. I bought mine from target.
2. Appearance:White tube, 0.15 oz and a silver cap with a white and silver label with the red writing. Standard size. I liked this tube a lot. It made me feel fancy haha.
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
This one was VERY smooth, like buttery smooth even before it warmed up in my pocket. Now, i like when lip balm glides well on your lips, but if it’s that smooth out of the packaging…it might be too oily. This one was leaning a bit on the oily side after a while.
SMELL - The smell is a little weird. It smells like pina colada mixed with some kind of medicine. It’s not off-putting at all, honestly, but It’s just…not a natural smell. I kinda liked it at first, but since I couldn’t name the stuff off the top of my head I don’t know how to feel about it. 
TASTE - No taste
SHINE - This one makes a very thin coat when it’s put on, but when spread out evenly, it has a bit of a shine to it. I could see it in the light when I was standing in the mirror, which was OK, but not great. The best lip balm for guys is one with minimal shine. This one I would put a final word on it as “slightly shimmery" 
LASTING TIME - The lasting time for this lip balm is…maybe 4 hours? That’s relatively long for me. I find that if my lips are really chapped and i put this stuff on, the skin softens after a while and i lips feel flakey (and then i start peeling them out of habit) which then makes me reapply it. It’s a generally long lasting time.
4. Manliness: 3/5It’s a little shimmery. Hmph. Not bad enough that I wouldn’t recommend guys to buy it though, so if you really want this and are concerned about the shine, go ahead and get it. The shine’s not that bad.
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 3.5 /5 stars. I find that i tend to think biased thoughts towards the Burt’s Bees lip balms and give them high ratings, but this one was mehhh. it was okay. It does the same job as a regular Burt’s Bees for me and honestly, the original Burt’s Bees smells better too.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your great presentation about lip balm. I like to use this balm.
    lip balm with kokum butter

    ReplyDelete