Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balm Review

image

*DISCLAIMER* I bought these sticks about two years back, so they are older and the product design may look different than what I’m uploading now. I own three of these, the Key Lime Rocket, Cocoa Butter (original Cocoa flavor) and the Cool Mint Flavor. The reason I bought them was because a couple of years ago I was having an ‘organic’ cleanse with the things I bought. That and the fact that they were the size of glue sticks, like whoa, I definitely wanted one when I first saw them.
1. Price: $$
Okay so these cost like $5 and that’s a lot if you ask me, but considering the size and the AMOUNT you get for $5? I think it’s worth it. I bought mine from my local Wegmans. They can also be found in Whole Foods.
2. Appearance:Translucent tube carrying a massive 0.25 oz. The labels are all very ‘cute’ and artisan looking with different badgers on them looking like they are waving magic wands. You go badgers, you go. 
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
The feel of all three are the same. Because they are a mix of cocoa butter and olive oil, it’s initially really hard and you have to warm it up by smoothing it over several times on your lips, but besides that they are very smooth. My one gripe is that they tend to be a little shiny. For girls that’s perfectly fine, but for dudes, this might be an issue.
SMELL - The smells of all of the sticks in this line smell like the flavor they are labeled as mixed with cocoa.
"Creamy Cocoa" - the yellow capped one smells like chocolate straight up. I really like this one, it’s my favorite. No frills, just cocoa butter smell.
"Lime Rocket" - the green capped one is a fun flavor. It actually smells like lime and chocolate, but at the same time? If that’s kind of weird to some people then don’t buy it…but I actually like this one.
"Cool Mint" - this one was the worst in my opinion. It smelled horrible! I couldn’t return it either because I had already used it. What i hated about this one was that not only did it smell like mint, it was kind of pungent. It’s not peppermint, it’s just mint. I also had a terrible experience with this one because I’m not really a mint/cilantro type person and since both are in the same family, this one made me feel sick after I put it on.
TASTE - No taste, but you can taste the flavor if you lick it (I personally don’t advise eating lip balm, but it does have a slight hint of the flavor they are labeled after).
SHINE - All of these make a clearly visible shine from up close. It’s not super shiny or glossy, but it’s still a shine nonetheless. Smack your lips together and you’ll be fine.
LASTING TIME - The lasting time for this lip balm is maybe 3-4 hours. To me that’s a pretty long time. I liked the fact that I could reapply it often enough to justify using so much in one stick. It also doesn’t just sit on the surface of your lips and is pretty absorbing if you ask me. 
4. Manliness: 2/5It’s a little shiny. Not only that the tube itself is MASSIVE and it’s hard to be inconspicuous when applying this stuff. It looks kind of like lipstick from a distance because the tube is so large, so this one gets a low rating for that.
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆  4/5 stars. I really like this lip bam, but if you’re a dude, maybe it’d be better to try something else? The tube is rather large and the flavors are kind of girly too…but besides that, this balm is relatively good, lasts a very long time and smells wonderful (especially if you like chocolate). The price is kind of debatable, but I’d definitely recommend this to anyone  if they are willing to pay the $5 price tag.

check out Badger’s site for other great products! HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment