Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Alba Botanica Lip Balm Review



Yeah, these labels above are older ones (they’re the ones that I have) but I’m sure that the 
1. Price: $$ 
$3.00 for a 0.15 oz tube. Just like a Burt’s Bees. You can buy these at most drugstores and major grocery chains, CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, Whole Foods etc.
2. Appearance:It’s a clear tube with a colored cap to match the flavor. The NEWER ones look like this:
Either way, they’re a LITTLE girly. GIRLY. But that’s okay. As long as you hold it properly it’ll pass as any regular chapstick for the super conscious guy.
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
I want to say waxy…but I mean more to say that it’s THICK. It’s kinda like spreading chunky gravy or something on your mouth. It’s not terribly at first, but constantly spreading it on your mouth and it gets pretty icky. I didn’t think about it till i noticed how uneven the spread was on the bullet of the lip balm.
SMELL - OKAY so these three:
"Pineapple Quench" - This one is TOO sweet. It became a little too much to handle after a couple of minutes. I sucked it up anyways since I paid $3.00 for it. Eh. Not my favorite.
"Passion Fruit Nectar" - THIS one smelled really nice. It had a little bit of tartness to it too. It wasn’t terribly over powering and i enjoyed the scent. It wasn’t too strong.
"Coconut Cream" - This one was my favorite one. I liked it a lot more than the Passion Fruit one because it didn’t smell as fruity. It had a ‘hearty’ feel to it…despite it being fruit. 
TASTE - Not really a bad taste…but i wouldn’t eat it.
SHINE -Not much shine. It had a slightly matted appearance because it was really thick.
LASTING TIME - This one lasted a while. It didn’t get absorbed very well. It just kinda…sat on my lips. My lips were soft and stuff, but the lip balm didn’t fade away, it just  stuck to my mouth. I’d say about 3+ hours.
4. Manliness: 3.5/5It’s matted and not shiny, but i’m gonna say 3.5 because if someone is standing close enough to you, they can see you’re wearing it.
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 3.5/5 stars. Not bad, Alba Botanica. Not bad. I wouldn’t wear it EVERYDAY but once in a while because who likes to feel all that stuff on your mouth all the time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment