Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Burt's Bees Revitalizing Lip Balm Review

image
So I found this in my local Target when I was shopping with my sister and I really couldn’t stop myself from trying it. It was a blue cap for crying out loud! Burt’s Bees is one of my favorite brands too so might as well, right?
1. Price: $$
This was $3.29 at Target. I got a little annoyed with the price since I normally only pay around $2.99 for Burt’s Bees. You can find this anywhere they sell Burt’s Bees. Since it’s newer though, the locations might be limited.
2. Appearance:Standard 0.15oz tube with a blue cap and yellow tube. It’s got white-colored balm.
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
This wasn’t waxy, it was pretty smooth. I liked it for the most part. It’s not overly oily either or too thin, which is good! It’s smoother than the original Burt’s Bees (not waxy).
SMELL - Here’s where I started to have problems initially. It seriously smelled like chocolate dipped blueberries. I’m not a huge fan of chocolate either. This reminded me so much of chocolate covered raisins or cranberries that my mom used to eat when I was younger and I wasn’t terribly interested in wearing it…but after a while I really liked this smell. It smells…decadent.
TASTE - No taste.
SHINE - No shine! It was matte, right after application and forward into maybe 3 hours, it was matte. 
LASTING TIME - Maybe 3-4 hours? The smell fades over the time, but it’s there for the most part. My lips felt kind of gummy at the last hour or so before I reapplied it, but that’s usually how most balms work.
4. Manliness: 5/5Discreet. blue cap, what more could you ask for?
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆  4.5/5 stars. Pretty good! Really good actually, I want to say that maybe if it had menthol in it or something I might give it a higher rating or something, but, nah for the most part I like it. I highly recommend to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment