Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Badger Classic Lip Balm, Pink Grapefruit Review for Guys

image
I meant to do this one a while ago, because I tested the lip bam out when it was still good. The sad part is that the scent faded because the tube was expired before I got to finish it. Oh well. I’d still buy more though.
1. Price: $$
This was $3 Wegmans. Wegmans and Whole Foods are the only large retail places I could find these products at, but you can find them online too.
2. Appearance:Standard 0.15oz tube with a reddish/pink cap. The label is a typical badger balm design with a badger waving a magic wand! The balm was whitish/beige.
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
It’s made with olive oil and shea butter so it’s a little bit slicker than I originally thought it would be. It has a consistency similar to burt’s bees pomegranate (and I wasn’t a fan of that too much). It’s kind of oily, and feels a little thin if you don’t put enough.
SMELL - VERY light and airy if you ask me. I liked this one a lot to be quite honest, it really did smell like grapefruits, as if someone had cracked one open for me to smell right before my nose.
TASTE - No taste.
SHINE - NOOOO this one had a shine to it. In normal lighting there was a little bit of a shine. It wasn’t too too bad, but it was still shinier than other olive oil lip balms.
LASTING TIME - Maybe 3-4 hours max. The smell fades after the first hour or so and your lips will absorb all the good stuff. Just reapply when needed because you won’t forget that it’s on your lips, you can really feel this one.
4. Manliness: 4/5It’s a regular tube and doesn’t have anything too gimmicky about it. I give it a good rating with the exception of the shine it adds. That’s the reason I’d take a star away, no guy wants shiny lips!
CONCLUSION: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆  3.5/5 stars. Pretty good! I liked this one enough to say I’d recommend it to anyone that asked about the product. It smells great, is a standard lip balm tube and is pretty affordable for an organic lip balm. Good job badger. Maybe next time we can make the formula less shiny? That’s my only complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment