Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Burt's Bees Beeswax Honey Lip Balm Review


I got this lip balm in a pack with the original and pomegranate flavors a while back. I didn’t open it till a few weeks after going through my pomegranate and original flavors. I was excited. I was ready to try honey flavor. GOD WAS I WRONG.
1. Price: $$
This was $3.00 for a 0.15 oz tube, but since i didn’t technically pay for this one (i got it as a gift) the fact that i didn’t like it made it less painful to “put away."
2. Appearance:It’s a yellow tube like the other Burt’s Bees lip balms, but it has a darker, brown/orangey cap to differentiate it.
3. Feel
GLIDE - 
Okay, so maybe it was the way i percieved this lip balm, but it was just way too chalky. Perhaps they remade the formula since i got mine (the label on the top is different than the one on my tube, it looks like this:
Anyways, the glide is smooth, but very thick. Imagine spreading ‘spreadable butter’ on your lips. That’s how this one felt when i put it on. I didn’t like it one bit.
SMELL - 
Ok, so i never thought i’d ever HATE a lip balm, but I definitely HATE this lip balm. The SMELL is NOT honey at all, in fact it’s not even sweet. It smells like baby powder. EXACTLY LIKE BABY POWDER. I was so uncomfortable with this smell that i couldn’t wear the balm it self for more than thirty minutes tops.
TASTE - Uh, no, i refuse to.
SHINE -No shine. It’s very matte.
LASTING TIME - I can’t tell you the lasting time for this one. I honestly hated the smell of it so much that i had to put my review thoughts aside and wipe the crap off my lips and put something else on. If it DID last on my lips, i would say maybe 3-4 hours like the other Burt’s Bees flavors.
4. Manliness: 4/5Because it’s not very shiny, and it IS a Burt’s Bees, it’s relatively normal to see a guy holding this.
CONCLUSION: ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 1/5 stars. 1 star is a very rare rating for me. I’d say i wouldn’t give any lip balm this rating unless it REALLY DISAPPOINTED me. This one did just that. I can’t say i recommend this flavor at all—unless you’re nose isn’t working very well, then go right ahead and buy it.

I did however figure out another use for this stuff: I use it a spot stick for lotion. If I need to moisturize something on the go I can just apply it on my ashy elbows or maybe a rough spot on my arm. Because it’s further from my nose at that point I hardly notice the smell, but still, I wish I didn’t have to feel obligated to use it :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment